By DiAnn Mills @DiAnnMills
I’m sharing my top ten with you and the artists’ YouTube websites. In looking back at 2016, I always turned up the radio on these contemporary, Christian songs.
In alphabetical order:
- “Breathe” by Johnny Diaz
- “Broken Together” by Casting Crowns
- “Come as You Are” by Crowder
- “God Is On The Move” by 7eventh Time Down
- “Grace Wins” by Matthew West
- “Just Beheld” by Casting Crowns
- “King of the World” by Natalie Grant
- “Oceans” (Where Feet May Fall) by Hillsong
- “Open up the Heavens” by Meredith Andrews
- “You’re a Good Good Father” by Chris Tomlin
We all have songs that the words and music speak to us, encourage us to be better people, or meet us right where we are. I have many favorites from my childhood to the present. “Amazing Grace” by John Newton is classic as well as “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” by Joseph M. Scriven, and “It is Well with My Soul” by Horatio Spafford.
What about you? What song or songs touch your spirit?
DiAnn’s Library Corner
Building a snowman is a favorite winter pastime for those where there is snow. Librarians can share in the same enthusiasm by creating a display and even a contest that features marshmallows. And these don’t melt! Looking for ideas? Check out this Pinterest board: http://bit.ly/2iW4vdT